As their names indicate, tree protectors and tree shelters are designed to protect and shelter trees. They are supposed to protect trees from deer browse and rub, rodents, wind, drought, winter crack, sun scald, mowers, weed eaters and herbicides.
Unfortunately, some shelters cause other problems in the course of solving these. And some of these problems can result in substantial tree loss. There are just too many variables that affect tree health and growth to rely on guesswork.
Designing a protector that has just the right mix of qualities to optimize tree health while minimizing potentially damaging side-effects is a difficult balancing act. Not everyone can do it and, in fact, only TREE PRO has been able to achieve that balance.
Consider the following when choosing your protectors!
1. Numerous independent researchers have published reports proving that Tree Pro tree protectors and Miracle Tube tree shelters are superior to all others in tree survival and growth rate.
2. Why invest all that effort in planting trees and not give them the best start possible? The lowest planting cost is the first one!
3. Choose tree enhancement products with the same care you choose your trees.
4. You invest too much time and money to gamble on the loss of a single tree. The cost of the tree itself comprises only a small part of the total planting cost. To not make sure the job is done properly from the start is to play roulette with nature, a game you almost never win.
5. Vented versions of Tree Pro and Miracle Tube are ideal for humid climates and wet environments, where retention of moisture inside the protector is neither necessary nor desirable. Under these conditions, unvented, solid tubes can promote mildew, mold, algae and wet rot. Unvented protectors are known to have trapped water and drowned trees. In cold climates non-vented protectors slows the dormancy process, allowing an early freeze to kill your trees.